Are you interested in Cloud Computing generally, or specifically Cloud Computing using the Windows Azure Platform? Listed below are the upcoming Azure-related events in the Boston/Cambridge area which you can attend in person and for FREE.
They are listed in the order in which they will occur.
Know of any more cloud events of interest to the Windows Azure community? Have any more information or corrections on the events listed? Please let us know in the comments.
1. TechNet Events Presents: Transforming IT with Cloud Computing Firestarter
- when: Tues 22-Mar-2011, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- where: Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham, Presidential Ballroom, 420 Totten Pond Rd, Waltham MA 02451
- wifi: (unknown)
- food: Provided
- cost: FREE (registration required)
- what: The day includes the following sessions:
- Session 1: Cloud Computing Essentials for IT Pros
- Session 2: Windows Azure for IT Pros
- Session 3: Public Cloud: What, Why, and How
- Session 4: Private Cloud: What, Why, and How
- More info & Register: https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032473675&Culture=en-US
2. Boston Azure User Group meeting with Casual Gaming Theme
- when: Thu 31-M ar-2011, 6:00 – 8:30 PM
- where: Hosted at NERD Center
- wifi: Wireless Internet access will be available
- food: Pizza and drinks will be provided
- cost: FREE
- what: One of the fastest-growing cloud segments, casual gaming spans all age groups and regions of the world. Examine the architecture of one example of a casual gaming cloud app, review the common event logic used, learn how to add in-app purchasing and ways businesses can capitalize on these break-time diversions. Examples are draw from real-world development projects and use Windows Azure as the cloud platform. Jason Milgram is a Windows Azure MVP and the founder and CEO of Linxter, Inc., provider of message-oriented cloud middleware.
- More info: See Boston Azure cloud user group site for details
- Register: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e3h83p6o5f9da75a&oseq=