I spoke last night to the Boston .NET Architecture Study Group about Architecture Patterns for Scalability and Reliability in Context of the Windows Azure cloud computing platform.
The deck is attached at the bottom, after a few links of interest for folks who want to dig deeper.
Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS):
- I’m a big fan of Bertrand Meyer‘s work, and I just learned that CQRS is based on his earlier CQR pattern
- Martin Fowler has a entry on CQRS (recently added, I will now read this)
- CQRS on Windows Azure (MSDN Magazine article)
- .NET Rocks podcast: Episode 639 Udi Dahan Clarifies CQRS (That same podcast episode is also included in the Azure Top 40 feed that I curate: Azure Top 40 http://bit.ly/azuretop40)
Sharding is hard:
- Foursquare down for 11 hours from imbalanced shards: http://blog.foursquare.com/2010/10/05/so-that-was-a-bummer/ (though the High Scalability blog says it was longer)
- NoSQL and the Windows Azure Platform whitepaper from Microsoft (which I found to be a very good read)
PowerPoint slide deck used during my talk:
Pingback: Windows Azure and Cloud Computing Posts for 7/25/2011+ - Windows Azure Blog
Hi Milan, you’ll be able to find the recording here when it bemecos available or you can send your contact details (name, email address, etc) to and we will email the recording to you. Thanks, Soroush
Pingback: OpenCart Web Development